Welcome to this e-learning module on exploring MCH policy and the policy process. This module is part of a series that provides Title V professionals with the tools, knowledge, and capacity to effectively engage in policy development, implementation, evaluation, and advocacy to ensure that policies affecting maternal and child health populations are effective, equitable, and evidence-based.
- Understand the significance of policy within the context of MCH.
- Recognize the pivotal key players in policy development and their roles within the policy-making process.
- Explore the components of the Policy Engagement Framework for Public Health and its application to MCH.
- Identify and understand the process involved in developing, enacting, implementing, and evaluating policies (both legislative or “big P” and administrative or “little p”) that improve the health and well-being of birthing people, families, and children.
- Gain an understanding of evidence-based policy development and its application in the context of MCH policy.