AMCHP offers value to its members by providing exclusive access to the latest in maternal and child health practice and policy. In addition to supporting members with technical assistance and advocacy efforts, AMCHP connects members to promote expertise sharing through events, publications, and an online member center. Key AMCHP member benefits include:
- AMCHP Member Briefs – a biweekly newsletter with legislative updates, new publications, information on funding opportunities, and more!
- Conference Registration Discount – reduced registration fee for the annual conference.
- Member Center – exclusive access to the password-protected member center, which features a membership directory, bulletin boards, legislative information and other benefits.
- Legislative Updates – email action alerts on critical family health issues, monthly national policy calls, and resources on MCH-related legislation and funding in the legislative center.
- Leadership Opportunities – serve on committees and participate in conference calls with peers from your region to share best practices and tackle difficult issues.
- Representation and Advocacy – AMCHP represents your interests before Congress and federal agencies. We advocate for a wide spectrum of issues impacting the health of women, children, youth, and families.
- Best Practices – members have the opportunity to share model practices with the MCH community. In turn, you can learn about effective programs from across the country.
- Access to Staff Experts – specialists in MCH and CYSHCN issues, AMCHP staff are on hand to answer questions about issues ranging from adolescent health and developmental delays to data and Medicaid.
- Fact Sheets – stay informed with fact sheets and issue briefs like MCH Role in Bioterrorism Planning and Protecting Children with Special Health Care Needs.
- Tools & Handbooks – receive quality tools to help you build successful programs and strengthen your infrastructure, like the Conceptual Framework for Adolescent Health, CAST-5 (Capacity Assessment for State Title V) and the Perinatal HIV Prevention Action Learning Lab.
- Job Bank – look for a new challenge or find the perfect candidate through our online job bank.
- Technical Assistance – build the capacity of your state or local health programs through AMCHP’s technical assistance initiatives and skills-building programs.
- Member Mailing List – delegates and organizational members can reach state Title V directors by requesting our member mailing list.
AMCHP administers an annual Membership Assessment Survey to learn more about member demographics and characteristics, obtain assessments of AMCHP services/products, and collect suggestions on how AMCHP can improve the value of their membership.