CAREERS @ AMCHP
The Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP) is a national resource, partner and advocate for state public health leaders and others working to improve the health of women, children, youth, and families, including those with special health care needs. We are a dynamic, energetic team comprised of MCH subject matter experts and individuals passionate about building a nation that values and invests in the health and wellbeing of all women, children, youth, families, and communities so that they may thrive. We take specific, focused action to center anti‐racism in our work and be assets for health equity and racial justice.
View available job openings below.
Health Equity Innovation & Implementation
The Associate Director/Director will expand the organization and its membership capacity to interrogate, research, design, and implement sound health equity programs and interconnected policy work in their jurisdictions. The Associate Director/Director will 1) lead health equity capacity-building and technical assistance efforts through a transdisciplinary, anti-racist framework and 2) create a process and mechanisms toward accomplishing stated health equity and anti-racism goals in AMCHP’s 5-year strategic plan, AMCHP Futures 27. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Program Analyst will have a primary role in providing effective and responsive administration & maintenance of the web-based resource hub, www.ReviewtoAction.org, that supports quality and comprehensiveness of the maternal mortality review process. The Program Analyst will also provide integrative data and evaluation support to assist measurement and evaluation of other special projects and maintenance of associated data platforms and websites, and to support the organizational efforts to measure, track, analyze, and report on progress toward accomplishing AMCHP’s current strategic plan. This position reports to the Associate Director of Epidemiology, Evaluation, & Metrics.
Qualitative Data Collection
AMCHP is seeking a consultant skilled in qualitative facilitation of focus groups and key informant interviews for our Equity Landscape Assessment. The consultant will provide a bid for the following activities:
- Collaborative protocol design for key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Outreach, schedule, and conduct up to 30 virtual key informant interviews.
- Outreach, schedule, and conduct up to 3 focus groups.
- Provide individual notes, recordings and summaries of all interviews and focus groups to AMCHP project staff.
- Conduct preliminary qualitative analysis of key informant interviews and focus groups, highlighting key themes and identifying challenges and opportunities. Make recommendations for key elements that distinguish equity implementation readiness.
- Present findings to AMCHP project staff via virtual meeting and draft report; report will be incorporated into larger landscape assessment and is not required to be copyedited or professionally designed.
Landscape Analysis Report
AMCHP is seeking a consultant skilled in synthesizing large amounts of information in a summary report for our Equity Landscape Assessment. The consultant will provide a bid for the following activities:
- Meeting with the AMCHP staff team to review the results and themes of the qualitative data analysis, the quantitative survey data, and the multilevel analysis to synthesize for the Equity Landscape Report.
- Synthesize in writing the key findings from each assessment as well as the overall themes and recommendations as conveyed in meetings with the AMCHP staff team.
- Provide an initial draft for review, discussion, and feedback and up to three rounds of revision of the final report.
Epidemiology, Evaluation, and Metrics
The Senior Manager will assist in the facilitation of AMCHP’s mission to optimize equity in its internal and external processes and provide integrative evaluation support coupled with organizational metrics development and tracking. Primarily, the Senior Manager will support capacity‐building and technical assistance efforts for epidemiology, evaluation, and metrics, and support the organizational efforts to measure, track, analyze, and regularly report on progress toward accomplishing AMCHP’s current strategic plan. The Senior Manager reports to the Associate Director of Epidemiology, Evaluation, and Metrics.
Interested in a career in maternal and child health? Looking to fill an open position?
Visit our career center to access additional maternal and child health positions and great candidates across MCH topics, locations, and job functions. Our career center connects top talent with opportunities!