- This event has passed.
Maternal and Child Health Journal Writing and Publishing Workshop
June 17, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Dr. Timothy Dye, Editor-in-Chief of the Maternal and Child Health Journal (MCH Journal), is leading two Writing and Publishing Workshops for authors submitting to the MCH Journal’s forthcoming supplement on “Public Health Approaches to Perinatal Substance Use.” The supplement is co-sponsored by the Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP) and the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO).
To learn more about the supplement, please read our Call for Papers: https://www.springer.com/journal/10995/updates/20161426
• Friday, June 17th from 1-3 pm ET
• Friday, July 22nd from 1-3 pm ET
Each writing workshop covers the same content and is divided into two parts. The first hour is a didactic learning session and the final hour is reserved for office hours. Dr. Dye will meet one-on-one or in small groups with authors during office hours to answer specific writing and publishing questions.
Workshop learning objectives include:
• Learn general instructional approach to writing with guidelines and strategies
• Review manuscript types and principles with examples of publications for MCHJ
• Understand the publication process and response to reviewers
• Learn the approaches to scientific storytelling in a manuscript
For questions, please email Amani Echols (AMCHP) at email@example.com.