The Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP) is excited to announce that we are accepting nominations for the 2023 AMCHP Annual Awards! The awards will be presented at the AMCHP Annual Conference, held in a hybrid format from May 6-9, 2023, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Every year, AMCHP recognizes individuals in the maternal and child health (MCH) community who have gone above and beyond to positively impact those around them. Leaders, innovators, professionals, youth, and legislators are nominated and selected based on their commitment and contributions to advancing MCH.
- Vince Hutchins Leadership Award: For leadership in promoting a society responsive to the needs of women, children, youth, and families.
- John MacQueen Lecture Award: for innovation in the field of maternal and child health. Candidates must be able to record the lecture for distribution during the AMCHP Annual Conference in May 2023.
- Merle McPherson Family Leadership Award: For exemplary contributions to further family/professional collaboration within a state or jurisdictional Title V Program and AMCHP.
- Emerging MCH Professional Award: For outstanding state MCH professionals under age 45 whose work has made substantial contributions to their state’s MCH program, their state’s MCH outcomes, or made other significant contributions to promoting and protecting the health of women, children, and families in their state or jurisdiction.
- Excellence in State MCH Leadership Award: For an outstanding state MCH professional whose career has made significant contributions to the health of women, children, and families in their state or jurisdiction.
- Ryan Colburn Scholarship Award: For a youth-with-disabilities leader to attend the AMCHP Annual Conference, connect with family leaders, and continue to spread Ryan’s message of hope.
All award winners are invited to accept their award at the conference. Limited travel support is available for some awards. If you are interested in nominating someone, please fill out this nomination form and submit all nomination materials to Nikeisha Ogletree, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 13, 2023.