By Bianka K. Huling, Communications Analyst, AMCHP
Updated on February 20, 2024.
We are excited to host this year’s conference in Oakland, California, and can’t wait to see you there!
Don’t forget to register to attend in person or virtually by February 26, 2024, to take advantage of the early bird pricing. Visit our conference platform for more information regarding registration rates, including discounted rates for youth/students, community-based organizations, tribal entities, and family leaders.
Still undecided on whether you will attend in person or virtually? You have until March 11, 2024, to change your attendance status without penalties.
Book Your Stay
There is still time for you to book your stay at the Oakland Marriott in Oakland, CA, by March 16, 2024, or until the block sells out! This hotel is in a great location and features a restaurant, wine bar, outdoor pool, and exercise room.
A Melting Pot of Activities
Oakland is a city of unforgettable experiences and adventure. With an array of activities for every demographic, you will find the city is a place that caters to every interest. Here’s a sneak peek at what awaits you:
Oakland Museum of California
Visit the Oakland Museum of California to explore its numerous exhibits and events. Check back frequently for daily events that will be hosted during your stay!
Black Liberation Walking Tour
Experience the Black Liberation Walking Tour, featuring a Mural Tour, and explore the Hoover-Foster neighborhood of West Oakland. The tour is led by local natives and focuses on the neighborhood’s rich history and heritage.
Chabot Space & Science Center
The Chabot Space & Science Center is your gateway to the cosmos and features interactive exhibits and planetarium shows.
Hiking in Redwood Regional Park
If you have some additional time on your hands and are seeking to escape into nature, consider going to Redwood Regional Park as a peaceful retreat from the city’s hustle and bustle.
Oakland Zoo Adventures
The Oakland Zoo is perfect for animal lovers and hosts over 850 native and exotic animals. It’s a great outing for those who want to spend the day having fun while mixing in a bit of education.
Black-Owned Restaurants & Businesses, and Historic Places
Oakland stands out for its Black history and community and proudly offers many Black-owned restaurants and businesses you can support and enjoy during your stay!
- Black-owned restaurant: Support and enjoy these outdoor dining takeout or delivery Black-owned restaurants.
- Enjoy Black-owned businesses, galleries, and landmarks in Downtown and Uptown Oakland.
- Explore the Black Panther Party’s history while at Oakland.
Culinary Delights: Oakland’s Dining Scene
Oakland’s food scene caters to many global cuisines and taste buds. Try out these dining experiences during your stay:
- Michelin-Starred Dining: Experience culinary excellence in Oakland’s Michelin-starred restaurants, where each dish is considered a masterpiece by industry standards.
- Vegan Wonders on the Oakland Vegan Trail: Explore the world of vegan cuisine on this unique trail, mapping out various local vegan spots in the city.
Not-to-Miss Events (April 13-16, 2024)
You will find that no two visits are the same in Oakland. Here are additional events you may want to check out during your stay:
- Los Angeles Azules Concert: Experience the rhythm of Latin beats with Los Angeles Azules.
- Cultural Explorations: Take a tour of the Elizabeth Gamble House and Garden.
- Comedy Nights, or StorySlam Oakland, is a storytelling event where participants are invited to share true personal stories live.
To keep up with the latest events and happenings, check out the following sites for details on upcoming events:
We look forward to seeing you in Oakland!