- Dr. Kimarie Bugg, Chief Empowerment Office and Change Leader, Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere, Inc. (ROSE)
- Dalecia Young, Founder and Full Spectrum Doula, Due North Support Services
This interview-episode highlights the journeys of Kimarie and Dalecia as they found their passion and purpose in helping lactating people achieve their breastfeeding goals. Intertwining lived experience and the desire to make a difference, you will hear how Dalecia and Kimarie found their calling in breastfeeding work. You will learn about how breastfeeding has been a healing journey and a way to reconnect with our past. You will also hear about the ongoing challenges in accessing adequate and culturally appropriate breastfeeding, especially for black and brown communities.
Tune in now to hear host Atyya Chaudhry and our guest speakers talk about their lived experience as breastfeeding mothers and how their personal experiences fueled their professional journeys.
- Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere, Inc (ROSE)
- La Leche League
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Breastfeeding Resources Library
- American Academy of Pediatrics Breastfeeding Resources
- WIC Breastfeeding Support
Consider completing this short survey to share input and let us know who or what you’d like to hear about in future episodes. If you have any questions or suggestions about the podcast, please contact Maura Leahy (firstname.lastname@example.org).