The Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP) is proud to offer everyone who works in maternal and child health (MCH) a chance to recognize outstanding leaders and staff in MCH. During the 2020 AMCHP Annual Conference, March 21-24 in Crystal City, Va., AMCHP will present awards to MCH leaders and honor excellence in the field.
Nominations for the following awards will be accepted through October 18, 2019:
- John C. MacQueen Lecture Award for innovation in the field of maternal and child health.
- Excellence in State MCH Leadership Award for an outstanding state MCH professional whose career has made a significant contribution to the health of women, children and families in his or her state.
- Legislative Champions for Maternal and Child Health for efforts by Members of Congress and their staff to improve the health of mothers, children and families including children with special health care needs. Please note that only Legislative Committee members may submit nominations for this award. Please contact our policy team for more information.
- Merle McPherson Leadership Award for exemplary contributions to further family/state professional collaboration between a state Title V Program and AMCHP.
- Vince Hutchins Leadership Award for leadership in promoting a society responsive to the needs of women, youth and families. • Emerging MCH Professional Award for outstanding state or local MCH professionals under age 45 for whose work has made significant contributions to state MCH programs in promoting and protecting the health of women, children and families in his or her state and/or region.
- Ryan Colburn Scholarship Award for a youth-with-disabilities leader to attend the AMCHP Annual Conference, connect with family leaders and continue to spread Ryan’s message of hope.
Get information on the awards and nomination process on the AMCHP Awards web page, including the nomination form (linked at the end of each award description). Please note that all awards use the same nomination form, but a separate form must be submitted nominee, per award.