The full text and report language of the House proposed Labor, Health & Human Services and Education bill for fiscal year 2020 has been released and we are thrilled to share that it includes a $27 million increase for the Title V MCH Block Grant!
Tomorrow, Wednesday May 8, the full House Appropriations Committee will consider this bill and we will update you with more details once that is completed, but in the meantime here are some highlights:
- Title V MCH Block Grant: $705M ($27.3M increase)
- Healthy Start: $130.5M ($8M increase)
- Safe Motherhood: $58M, including $12M for Maternal Mortality Review Committee Activities (level funding)
- National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities: $161.6M ($6M increase)
- Emerging Threats to Mothers and Babies: $10M (level funding)
Next steps: once the House Appropriations Committee passes its bill, we expect the full House of Representatives to consider it in June. We are also hearing rumors that the Senate Appropriations Committee may begin its work on the bill in June as well and we will keep you posted!
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Government Affairs Team: Amy Haddad email@example.com or Alyson Northrup firstname.lastname@example.org.