The Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs has released its Call for Proposals for the 2021 Annual Conference taking place May 22-25 in New Orleans, LA. We are currently planning a combined in-person and virtual conference experience, however in-person offerings may be modified due to COVID-19. We remain optimistic that we can be together in some form soon!
The proposal submission deadline is Wednesday, December 30, at 11:59 p.m. ET. For more information, go here.
The theme of the conference is Global Meets Local: A Global Approach for Local Outcomes. To us at AMCHP, global health means seeking to achieve equity in all that we do, in a way that promotes the well-being of every individual worldwide. What excites us about this year’s theme? The opportunity to…
- Explore how we in maternal and child health (MCH) are connected across the globe and through history
- Blur the lines of our borders and take a global perspective to better understand the origins of the systems and policies influencing health outcomes in the United States
- Find inspiration and partnership in the innovations of countries and geographic areas fighting for health equity and wrestling with complex challenges that greatly impact the health of women, children, youth, families and communities
- Value and uplift community expertise and cultural diversity in public health practice
- Celebrate and place ourselves within movements for social justice and active resistance against systems/structures of oppression
- Consider the work of United States MCH leaders as part of a global community committed to optimal health and wellbeing for all and create a space for collaborative, transnational learning in MCH
To further explore this conference theme and submit proposals for consideration, we invite you to view our conference landing page for some examples of topic areas ripe for exploration. AMCHP staff members and youth leaders have some encouraging words and more examples to share with you in these 4 videos: