At the end of this section, participants will learn about:
- Strategies for increasing mental health literacy and stigma reduction for AYAs to promote expectations for and normalization of behavioral health screenings as a part of routine primary care
- Resources on confidentiality and consent laws and policies in application to AYA mental health care.
- Standardized processes for depression screening using validated tools at preventive visits.
- Stepped care treatment processes and protocols for positive screens.
- Creation and/or enhancement with partners (mental health agencies or community providers) for referrals and case management.