AMCHP believes that achieving our vision of a skilled, flexible, and diverse MCH workforce starts with investing in the career and leadership development of individuals serving in many different roles across all states and territories.
Leadership Lab is a unique opportunity for Title V staff to accelerate their professional development in a way that is framed by the MCH Leadership Competencies and guided by adult learning principles. This 10-month commitment includes active engagement in webinars and discussions on cross-cutting topics, such as those captured in AMCHP’s MCH Essentials Series (e.g., racially just and equitable leadership, using data to inform MCH program, youth empowerment).
What can I expect from the Leadership Lab experience?
- Exposure to information and resources that relevant for your current and future roles
- Development and continuous revisiting of an individualized leadership plan
- Opportunities to challenge yourself through collaborative activities and dialogue
- Growing your peer network
- Ongoing support from an experienced AMCHP staff Cohort Leader
- A chance to “bring it all together” at the 2022 AMCHP Annual Conference
Leadership Lab is designed around YOUR professional roles and career objectives.
- New Title V and CYSHCN Directors will develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities for effective leadership and impact at the state/territory level.
- Next Generation Leaders will explore the “bigger picture” of MCH, applying systems thinking to current and anticipated challenges, and leading teams.
- Family Leaders will build their leadership capacity to ensure that families are partners in programs and activities in their states/territories.
- Epidemiologists and Data Specialists will enhance leadership skills to use in conjunction with their epidemiology/analytic capabilities for positive impacts on self and others.
- Adolescent Health Leaders will develop skillsets to advocate for continued and strengthened adolescent health focus in MCH programs.
Applications are due by Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:00pm EDT. Please apply for only one cohort, even if you meet eligibility criteria for more than one.
If you have questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.