The 2021 annual AMCHP conference Global Meets Local: A Global Approach for Local Outcomes is just a few days away! AMCHP 2021 will be the perfect opportunity to connect and network with public health officials who share an interest in maternal and child health. Last year’s meeting, also held virtually, was one of AMCHP’s most successful conferences. We feel the same will result with AMCHP 2021. Here are just some of the many reasons to register:
- Gain a firsthand opportunity to learn about changes occurring in the MCH field, such as federal and state policies and health systems transformation.
- Conference session topics will include global outreach, ensuring equity in systems and services, building, and strengthening partnerships, and practicing effective family and youth engagement.
- Exchange best practices and resources with other MCH professionals, creating stronger and bolder ideas for the future.
- Workshops, skills-building sessions (both with live Q&A) and posters featuring a mix of topics and content.
- Timely themed live-streamed plenary sessions led by association leadership.
- Discussion and small-group networking video groups with speakers, AMCHP staff and fellow attendees.
- All content will be recorded for access for one year on demand, by registered participants after the conference.
AMCHP 2021 Conference is Going Virtual from May 24-27, 2021 (KNOW BEFORE YOU GO)
The virtual platform opened on Monday, May 17 for attendees to login and get acquainted before the event starts on May 24. If you have registered for the conference, you will receive an email with your platform log in and instructions on Monday. The email will come from AMCHPreg@conferencemanagers.com so check your inbox. Make sure to check your junk or spam folders and add the email address to your safe senders list!
Global Health Resources: Learn More about Global Health and How it Relates to Your Work!
As we gear up for our upcoming conference “Global Meets Local: A Global Approach for Local Outcomes”, we are excited to share the first Exploring Global Meets Local Newsletter to support members to learn more about global health and its application to their work. We will be sending out one newsletter a month leading up to the conference.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
The full schedule can be accessed by clicking HERE. The sessions are listed by date/time. Please note that all times listed are in the EASTERN TIME ZONE.
To expand the group listing, click on the ᐯ icon. Click on the session title and the full session information pop-up will appear.
AMCHP 2021 is offering several different types of programming.
- Skills-building sessions precede the official conference and take place on Monday, May 24. They differ from sessions (workshops) offered during the conference, in that they are longer (2-hours in length in Zoom with breakout rooms), highly interactive sessions designed to teach specific skills and/or allow for more in-depth exploration of an area of knowledge. Skill-building sessions require pre-registration and fill up quickly! Click HERE to pre-register by May 21st. Those that have pre-registered, will receive the access information for the Zoom on Friday, May 21.
- Workshops (offered Tuesday, May 25 – Thursday, May 27) are informative 45-min instructional pre-recorded sessions that often include a panel of presenters representing varying perspectives. The presentation is followed by 25 minutes of live Q&A with the presenters in Zoom. Attendees will be given a Zoom link to join for the Q&A after the recorded presentation is done.
- Plenary Sessions: These sessions will be streamed LIVE at the time indicated in the schedule. During the session, attendees may submit questions to the presenter and chat with other attendees.
- Posters: Graphic presentations of research with an optional audio recording. Posters are available anytime starting Monday, May 24.
- Networking with Colleagues: Join fellow colleagues in our networking lounge! Our virtual networking platform will allow you to move from conversation to conversation and talk to anyone at the event. You can automatically start video-chatting or move into an open group chat seamlessly!
- Other Programming: There is also a wide-variety of in-conjunction with meetings, discussions and events listed in the Full Schedule. All events are open to all attendees unless otherwise indicated.
UNFAMILIAR WITH GLOBAL HEALTH? WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT AMCHP’S CONFERENCE THEME – GLOBAL MEETS LOCAL: A GLOBAL APPROACH FOR LOCAL OUTCOMES?
Check out these four short videos developed by AMCHP staff and youth leaders:
- What global health means to AMCHP: Click Here
- Envisioning the conference as a “transnational learning experience”: Click Here
- Global health topics aligned with the conference theme: Click Here
- Global-to-local research: Click Here
Click here to register now.